Self care is not selfish. I read this in an article recently and it struck me. It's not selfish to take great care of yourself. Life is about balance.
I am all about self care, I believe it helps you in many different ways.
- If you aren't healthy, both mentally and physically, you can't fully be there for your loved ones - children, spouse, extended family, friends, colleagues, pets.. I'm sure you've heard the expression "You can't pour from an empty glass."
- Having a healthy body and mind helps you stay focused on your goals
- It gives you energy to accomplish your tasks for the day
- You will have more confidence
- Your overall happiness depends on it
I practice self care and sometimes it's in a small way and sometimes it's in a big way.
- Getaways with my husband
- Working out at Fit Body Boot Camp as many days as possible per week
- Clean eating
- Going for a massage or pedicure
- Reading at night before I go to sleep
- Wine nights with my husband and our friends
- Girls' nights out
What have you done for YOU lately? If the answer is nothing, let's change that. Choose one small thing to do for yourself this week.
I'd love to hear what you routinely do to take care of you!