For the last few months I've heard a lot of how awful 2020 is, 2020 sucks, *%@k 2020, "because 2020", and so on. While yes, I agree this year has not been the best, today I want to take a moment to reflect on the positive things in my life this year.
We've all had difficult times in our lives before and we made it through, we will make it through this as well. Be kind, be patient, continue to support family, friends, and businesses. We are all in this together.
My bright spots of 2020
- My husband and I took a trip to Asheville Super Bowl weekend. It was our last trip before the quarantine started. We went to see the Lumineers!
- I worked out more and found an amazing virtual gym - Camp Gladiator
- I walked outside - A LOT
- Spent quality time together and bonded with my husband
- Found new ways to keep in touch with family and friends - video chats, long phone calls, and lots of texts
- Kind deeds - I saw so much kindness on the news, in my neighborhood, in my community
- Cooked and baked a lot - Both old and new recipes
- Slowed down
- Listened to more music
- Education - I did lots of webinars, on-line workshops, reading
- Worked on some new business ideas
- Read lots of books
- Cleaned and organized
- Let go of some things that did not matter
- Listened to new podcasts and audiobooks
- Watched some great shows and movies
- Enjoyed lots of outdoor time
- Went to the beach
- Supported local businesses - lots of take out, beer to go, and shopping on line
- I am grateful to have both of my jobs - photographer and nanny to the best 2 boys
Look back at your 2020 and try to find the bright spots. Then, let go of 2020 and write a list of goals and wishes for 2021.
Happy New Year!! Wishing you all a safe, healthy, happy 2021! Let's look forward to a year of hope, love, and happiness.